"Visions of World Benefit & Global Responsibility: Perspectives of McGill Students


Thursday, July 19, 2007

Alexis Jackson


Hi my name is Alexis and I am going into my second year in the Management program. People often ask my what my background is because I admit it's pretty hard to figure out but my mother is Chinese and my father is English. Unfortunately I haven't picked up my dad's English accent. I grew up in North Vancouver, and although I love the beauty of BC I decided to move back to Montreal for the summer because, well in all honesty, the drinking age there is 19. I am a basketball player, a beach bum, and a night owl. I decided to take this class because I wanted room in my schedule next year to work on my minor in Political Science and decided to stay in the course because I was inspired by Professor Karakas and the way he has designed the course. I think it's rare to find a class that allows for one on one time with the Professor, that encourages student collaboration, and that focuses on lifelong learing outside of the classroom. I am excited for the next 6 weeks and I look forward to getting to know each of you better! :)

No comments: